Well, my amazing friend Alice sent me these wonderful tips for how to become an Austen heroine!
I don't take credit for these, Alice found them on another blog, who found them somewhere else!
2. Conduct yourself like a heroine. This doesn't mean flirtation. This means modestly, wisdom, expertise. (Don't be like Lydia Bennet... )
4. Read. A lot. A whole lot.
5. And imitate the girls you read about. You'll be hard pressed to find better role-models!
6. Let the men be the heroes. Let them give you their spot in line, open doors for you, carry things for you. Let them treat you as us girls should be treated!
10. Wear flowers in your hair.
11. Learn archery.
12. Learn an accomplishment such as singing, drawing, playing, falling down hills right as a hero comes along, but avoid matchmaking!
14. Practice making witty comebacks!
15. Keep in mind the story you're a part of - your story!
Your affectionate friend,